Built-Up Roofing Specialists Serving Tucson, AZ & Surrounding Areas
A dependable choice for flat or low-slope roofs, built-up roofing (BUR) has long been popular for commercial applications. With a history that dates back to the early 1800s, BUR has the proven functionality you want for your commercial building.
Layers of Protection
Constructed with layers of different materials bonded together to form an impenetrable covering, built-up roofing offers maximum protection. It’s a watertight composite that takes the changeable climate of southeastern Arizona in stride. There are four basic layers in built-up roofing, but a variety of material options and combinations are available.
- Base sheets coated with asphalt provide a durable foundation.
- Reinforced fabrics called felts or ply sheets form layers over the substrate.
- Modified asphalt known as bitumen is used to seal the layers together.
- The top layer is finished with a site-specific surfacing component.
Benefits of Built-Up Roofing
BUR systems offer the kind of strength and reliability that many business owners want for their commercial structures. Even if one layer of the roof breaks down, the remaining layers protect your business against water, heat and wind. The versatility of BUR is also appealing. The wide array of materials available makes it adaptable to almost any type of low-slope or flat roof.
- Built-up roofs with reflective coatings reflect UV radiation for lower cooling costs during the heat of summer.
- BUR systems can withstand heavy foot traffic and provide ample support for roof-top mechanical systems.
- Surfacing options range from asphalt and cap sheets to aggregate materials like gravel and mineral granules.
Extended Service Life
Thanks to their multiple layers of protection, built-up roofs typically exceed their service-life expectations. Proper maintenance and timely repairs help to ensure the longevity of your BUR system. We offer regularly scheduled preventive maintenance, and we’re available 24/7 for emergency repairs. Our 100 percent satisfaction rating offers assurance that you’re dealing with a qualified team of professionals.
Built-up roofs are nothing new, but technological advancements have made them stronger and more long-lasting than ever before. Trained in the latest techniques and materials, the team at Crest Contracting Roofing installs only the best BUR systems. When you partner with our Veteran-owned company, you can expect your roof to provide you with many years of service. For a free consultation, call us today!