If you need help with hail damage roof repair, Crest Roofing can help you with that. No matter how you try to protect yourself, your home or business is susceptible to roof damage in a hailstorm. If you believe that your roof was damaged, you can call our helpful, knowledgeable, roofing experts.
Importance factors in hailstone damage
There are a number of important factors to consider if you want to estimate the impact of hailstones on a roof. The following factors have to be taken into consideration.
- Size – The actual size of the hailstone itself.
- Mass – What is the actual mass of the hailstone? There can be a large difference between a hailstone made up out of ice with water coating or one made up from solid ice.
- Wind – The wind has a direct influence on the velocity of the hailstone.
- Falling height or distance – If it falls from farther, the hailstone is much more likely to do serious damage to your roof.
- The pre-existing condition – Aspects such as fragility, existing damage or wear, age, and surfaces are all important. If your roof gets regular maintenance, it may not be as damaged as it would be in the event that your roof was already deteriorating.
Typical hail damage
How do you know when you should make that call? If hail wants to damage wood shake shingles or heavy composite shingles, it would have to be approximately 1¼ inches in diameter. If you use lightweight materials, hailstones as small as 1-inch in diameter may cause damage.
It is quite simple to know when to call. If you have a hailstorm pass through your area, it is always a good idea to have professionals look at your roof. Sometimes damage may not be observable right away, but a qualified expert will know what to look for. If you are unsure, it is always better to make the call. It is much easier to fix small problems before they become much larger problems down the road.