If you are looking for a more esthetic and decorative look, tile is a great multipurpose option for commercial roofing. Especially terracotta and clay tile can generate a historic or old-world flair to a roof that clients, visitors, and guests will love. With the many different styles, colors, sizes, and shapes available, it is possible for commercial buildings to achieve an updated and extremely modern look. One final bit of good news about tile roofing is that it is not subject to fading and will hold its color throughout the years.
Advantages that tile roofs have
- It is durable – Tile roofs can last upwards of 50 years and enjoy tremendous durability. This is because the space underneath the curved tiles enhances air circulation.
- It is tough – Tile can hold up well, even under harsh weather conditions. In fact, when compared to almost any other material, tile holds up better. The reason is the composition of the baked clay or stone.
- It provides great fire resistance – Tile is highly fire resistant because it is produced with concrete, stone, or clay.
- It offers great drainage – Tile roofs are able to shed water really well because of the unique shape of the tiles.
- It is low maintenance – Tile roofing requires little to no maintenance.
- It is resistant – Tile is immune to rot and naturally repels insects.
Repair and maintenance
Both tile roofing repair and maintenance are important aspects of keeping the best possible roof as long as possible. Even if damage is not immediately evident, exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun or underlayment from water could cause serious damage down the road. That is precisely why you never wait too long if you believe that your tile roof may be damaged and you should never skimp on maintenance. Catch minor problems early before they become larger problems.
Go for experience
When you work with Crest Roofing, you work with a company that has a lot of experience when it comes to working with tile roofing. Especially because tile roofing is such an attractive and popular option throughout the southwestern United States.